Cyber Security Center CERT-GOV-MD (www.cert.gov.md) was founded within State Enterprise “Special Telecommunications Center” (www.cts.md) according to the Government Decision nr. 746 of 18.08.2010 “On the approval of Updated Individual Action Plan of partnership Republic of Moldova – NATO”.
Center for Response on Cybersecurity Incidents CERT-GOV-MD is a team of experts in cyber security, whose main task is to respond on incidents related to security of information systems. Center assists beneficiaries of Telecommunication System of Public Administration Authorities of the Republic of Moldova in reduction risks and assistance in reaction on the incidents.
CERT-GOV-MD objectives are:
- Reduction of risks from cybersecurity incidents;
- Rising level of awareness of public administration authroties through information awareness and continuous training;
- Improve the level of cyber security within the government and increase confidence in new technologies;
- Build strategic relationships to improve cyber security of government.
- Sharing information and lessons learned.
About the Information Technology and Cyber Security Service
“Information Technology and Cyber Security Service” (“ITSEC”) is a public institution subordinated to the Government of the Republic of Moldova (Government decision No. 414 of 08.05.2018) responsible for administration and maintenance of state information systems and infrastructure, telecommunication system of public administration authorities, for ensuring cybersecurity, for governance of unified state infrastructure of public keys as well as for implementation of information technologies in the public sector. The organization hosts governmental computer security incident response team “Centre for Response on Cybersecurity Incidents CERT-GOV-MD” as an internal department within its organizational structure. https://stisc.gov.md/