CERT-GOV-MD assists beneficiaries of information and telecommunication systems of public administration authorities in implementation of proactive and reactive measures in reduction of IT security risks and in assistance in incident response through providing a set of services.
The basic services of CERT-GOV-MD are:
- Alerts and warnings
- Artifact response
- Artifact response coordination
- Incident analysis
- Incident response support
- Incident response coordination
- Vulnerability analysis
- Vulnerability response
- Vulnerability response coordination
- Intrusion detection services
- Security-related information dissemination
- Awareness building
Why would you contact CERT-GOV-MD?
- To report cyber incidents and for advice in the event of a cyber-security incident. If you are a public administration authority of the Republic of Moldova that has been the victim of phishing, hacking of your website or network, botnet, malware, DDoS attack or other cyber incident, don’t hesitate to report it to us. We are ready to support you free of charge, to help you with the initial incident mitigation and give advice so you can find a solution, all in the strictest confidence.
- To prevent cyber security incidents. Reporting cybersecurity incidents allows us to alert other, unaffected yet, public administration authorities of the Republic of Moldova about ongoing cyber threats, develop advisories minimizing the possible impact and reoccurrence.
How do we operate?
- Proactive. It is possible that you are unaware of being attacked while we have already logged what’s going on. In the event of a serious incident, we contact you personally.
- On your initiative. If you are in the event of, or believe yourself to be the victim of, a cyber security incident, you should contact CERT-GOV-MD directly.
- Internal consultation. Based on your report, our specialist assesses the gravity of the situation. He consults with other experts from CERT-GOV-MD. We provide you with feedback.
- Other experts. In the event of a serious incident, we involve our other channels. Through close collaboration as well as an exchange of information with our (inter)national network of external experts, which includes members of other CERTs, we try to resolve your problem as soon as possible. Naturally, we only share information if you give your consent.
What we don’t do
If you would like to report a cyber crime immediately and do not need additional technical advice, you should contact Center for Combating Cyber Crimes withing IGP MAI straightaway. CERT-GOV-MD does not track down offenders, but helps you to resolve the cyber incident itself as quickly as possible.